Embracing Arlington Arts has created this new “Resources” page that will offer links and important information on five focus areas to provide artists and non-profit arts organizations with a one-stop website to find pertinent information in responding and dealing with this crisis. (NOTE: This page will be continually updated; please send us important info or links as you come across them.)
The six focus areas on this Resources Page are:
- The Reopening of Virginia – Important and critical information to help organizations reopen, including guidance from the Governor’s office and best practices.
- Well-being of ourselves – How to take care of ourselves, and our families and friends during this time of crisis
- Financial Assistance – Loans, grants, foundations, etc.
- Continuing Programming Throughout the Community – How can arts organizations keep in front of their patrons and keep programming going/collaborating with other non-profits.
- Technology – How to effectively conduct virtual meetings and/or continue business with new technology
- Pro Bono/In-Kind Expertise Available – Experts who can share their expertise, such as strategic planners, fundraisers, marketing personnel, etc.
Overall, here is a good article written by Sangfroid Strategy outlining 5 things artists and arts organizations can do right now to combat the effects of COVID-19, including a wealth of resources you can use and inspiring examples of how other organizations are making sustainable choices that will help them survive AND thrive!
Also Arlington County’s Cultural Affairs has a Resources Page here.